Looking for a gift for a beauty-obsessed friend? Or better yet, yourself? We’ve picked out some favorite hair staples that make great gifts or winter hair must-have care items. So why not treat yourself to healthier hair and a better look this season? Below we’ve gathered some high end products you will love. Hand-selected by our beauty team these are some essentials for any hair regimen.
Natural Plant-Based Oils That Quench Dry Hair
Ok, so you’ve probably heard of a few trendy hair oils that have been gaining popularity: rosehip seed oil, argan oil, and an all-time favorite: coconut oil. Choosing which will work best for you is all about deciding on your hair type and what you are looking to achieve. Another great thing about these staple items–you can find 100% pure organic brands which are also great to use on your skin!
- Rosehip Seed Oil: You may have heard beauty gurus talking about rosehip seed oil before. It has gone mainstream, and with its neutral scent and hair & skin benefits, it's easy to see why this natural plant extract has so much praise. It is loaded with essential linoleic fatty acids loaded with vitamins A, C, and E. Rosehip seed oil for hair is a great alternative for those looking to repair damaged hair, thicken and nourish thinning hair strands and encourage hair growth.
- Argan Oil: Long considered a “holy grail” of beauty care products, Argan Oil is imported from a unique tree native to Morocco. Unlike rosehip seed oil, argan oil is primarily oleic, making it better for dry skin or scalp. A 2018 academic study actually found that argan oil contains polyphenols, tocopherols, sterols, squalene, and triterpene alcohols all of which work to improve hair & skin health. Using Argan oil on your scalp helps reduce flakes, increases hair growth, and also can be applied directly onto hair.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has long been hailed as the ultimate hydrating oil. It’s a natural hair and skincare moisturizer, primarily oleic oil, that can be used to transform dry or damaged hair. With its naturally high fatty acid content, coconut oil does give hair a healthy shine, helping your cuticle retain moisture by acting as a sealant, protecting it against heat damage. This oil is best for those with extra dry textured hair. It will restore balance and reduce frizz.
To make a homemade hair mask with any of these oils, apply slightly heated oil to clean and still damp hair. Make sure to massage deeply into the scalp. Comb through wet hair and rub liberally onto ends. Leave on wet hair for 30minutes to 2hrs. Wash off with water or full shampoo & conditioner and towel dry.
Must-Own Hair Brushes
Even with the best shampoos, deep conditioning treatments and hydrating masks, what seperates good hair from great hair is having the right hair brush. Whether you suffer from constant tangles or are looking for the brush that can help you style your hair perfectly, invest in brushes that won’t let you down and will last longer. Here are some suggestions for all hair types that will make you want to treat yourself––or a lucky friend.
- Classic Paddle Brush: Square or Round, this brush has a larger surface area and is best for dry hair. Look for a wooden option, since they tend to last longer. Bristles that are soft and made of nylon or rubber help prevent split ends.
- Round Roller Brush: This is the ultimate styling tool for doing your own blow-outs. For the optimal results, using a hair dryer that has a lower heat intensity like the cordless AER Dryer will help to prevent damaging or break hair while drying. Pick a round brush that has anti-static boar bristles.
- Wet Brush: For fighting tough tangles, nothing is better than an ergonomic wet brush. Pick something that is easy to hold in your hand in the shower and work through strands while you condition. Combing through hair while it's wet will help detangle and prep it for styling.
No matter what hair brushes you use, choose quality over quantity. Depending on the length and texture of your hair, you should not need more than 3 or 4 brush tools; one to detangle, one to style and perhaps an extra for dry brushing or a travel-size. A good quality brush will do wonders for your hair health and prevent breakage. So throw out your old brushes, declutter and start afresh!
Smart Tools for Hair Styling
Thought smart tech was limited to your phone? Think again. Even hair products are evolving to utilize apps and customize the user experience. Heat styling tools like straighteners, curling irons, and hair dryers are now taking advantage of predictive technology to maximize results. Of all the new products coming on the market, however, AER is the first and only cordless hair dryer to use patented SmartDry AI Tech that dynamically controls heat output and fan speed. This helps keep your hair healthy and shiny, without frying it. Learn more about how your locks can benefit and join the waitlist here.
The holidays are a great time to treat yourself or a friend when it comes to your personal care routine. Refreshing your hair repertoire with good quality products can only bring long-term benefits and a restored sense of self. Select a few things to add to your beauty arsenal and get ready to reap the benefits and the compliments. It’s always a good time to try something new and make your life easier.
Your future self will thank you!