Salon Stylist Recommendations
Investing in a quality hair dryer, but leaving the attachments in the box? Then you’re missing out on a world of hair styling possibilities. While your AER Hair Dryer is the centerpiece of your hair drying toolkit, the attachments are the accessories that allow you to enhance your look. And just like fashion, it’s all about the accessories.
Your AER Dryer attachments can look and feel complicated at first, but they actually take the stress out of styling.
What Does a Concentrator Do?
The AER Hair Dryer concentrator gives you the focused styling power to achieve a sleek, straight style.
A concentrator is a wide, flat, duckbill-looking tool that does exactly what the name implies: It directs the air flow from the dryer into a small, concentrated area of your hair.
The AER Dryer concentrator opening is much tighter than the mouth of the hair dryer, which allows it to create greater air pressure as well as steam, allowing your hair to straighten and relax. The AER concentrator will flow exactly where you need it to go to give you shiny, smooth, frizz-free hair.
To achieve a smooth and sleek look:
- Start by separating your hair into sections and spray each section with a heat protector product.
- Take your brush and position it under the first section of hair. As you work your brush from the roots out to the tips, make sure your hair dryer (with concentrator attached) moves right along with you and point it down the hair shaft. Never point the concentrator up your hair towards the roots because this will create frizz.
Pro Tip: To increase shine, go over each section again, but this time use the cold shot on your dryer and start from root to tip. The cold shot will seal the hair cuticle and will leave you with sleek hair that will last all day.
For those with bangs, before you reach for the flat iron, make sure to blow dry your bangs using the AER concentrator. The concentrator can smooth out the fluff for a polished look.
To achieve sleek bangs:
- Section your fringe in layers and start with the bottom layer first. Use a small round brush and follow the same technique listed above and finish off with a cold blast.
- Repeat this motion for each of the layers until you’re done.
- Once your bangs are completely dry, point the concentrator down at your bangs starting at the root, and using your fingers, ruffle them to make sure you get all the kinks out and all of it is dry.
Once you’ve achieved your desired hair style, follow up with a shine serum or a finishing crème to preserve your look.
How do I Use a Diffuser?
To all of you with curly and wavy hair, this special attachment was created just for you!
A diffuser is a bowl-shaped attachment with long, rod-like pieces that prevent direct heat from over-drying your hair. It’s a useful accessory for people with wavy, kinky or curly hair – especially if you have thicker hair. Plus, the AER diffuser reduces frizz up to 50% over air-drying. Once you try the AER diffuser for yourself, you’ll wonder why you never used it before!
To create frizz-free curls or waves:
- Start off with damp hair and make sure your hair is free of any tangles or knots (use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to brush through your hair).
- Apply your styling products, such as a curl serum, mousse or gel.
- Twist your curls into the desired shape you want. If your aim is to achieve a beachy look or loose waves – skip the twisting step. Then section your hair off.
- Attach the diffuser to your AER Hair Dryer and tilt your hair dryer upward. Take the first section of your hair and place it in the bowl. Set the dryer on low or medium heat to begin, as using high heat on curly hair can loosen curl definition, cause major frizz and unnecessary damage. Remember with curly hair, gentle is always better. Your curls will thank you.
- Dry your hair about 75%. Then spray a light finishing mist for added shine and let it air dry the rest of the way for a bouncier look. Once you’re done – hands off! The more you play with your hair, the more prone it will become to frizz and knots.
Pro-tip: Avoid using too much product at the roots, as this can cause your hair to become weighed down and fall flat. If you must put something at your roots, reach for a root-lifting product.
Additional tip: to add more volume to your hairstyle, use the diffuser right at the crown of your head. Use the rod-like pieces to massage your scalp and let the air from the dryer run through your hair to add volume and lift at the same time!
When Should I Use a Roll Brush?
The AER Hair Dryer roll brush – or round brush – is perfect for when you want a voluminous look!
This fundamental styling accessory can help you achieve a dramatic and full look for extra drama or flair. It might take a few tries to master, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll see the gorgeous results are worth the effort.
To achieve a voluminous style:
- Add volumizing hair products to your towel-dried, damp hair. Spray a heat protector throughout your hair, making sure to coat every single strand.
- Blow dry your hair with the AER Dryer until it’s about 70% dry. Then separate your hair into small sections.
- Attach the roll brush to your AER Hair Dryer and begin on low or medium heat. Position the brush under the first section of hair at the root. To achieve volume, push up at the root and then brush down through your hair towards the ends to smooth it all out. Go slow at first and remember to be deliberate and work in sections.
- Once you’re done with all of the sections and finish off the look, feel free to add hairspray to seal your hairstyle for the day.
When it comes to hair accessories, there are many variations on technique, so try the recommendations listed above and allow it to evolve into whatever works best for you. But above all else, don’t overthink it, just let it flow and it will all become second nature. When you finally find what makes you look good and feel good, the AER roll brush will allow you to create countless salon-quality professional looks.
Whether your hair is straight, wavy, curly or anything in between, you can create new and exciting looks with the AER Hair Dryer and its versatile attachments. You deserve to feel your best and turn heads wherever you go! Start experimenting with your AER attachments in your daily routine and discover what process works best for you. Enjoy your refined hair drying experience with the AER Hair Dryer and attachments!